At HealthEdge, we are passionate about providing healthcare payers with technology that enables them to innovate, reduce costs of claim administration and care management, and address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. As we continue to grow, we are focused on exceeding our client’s expectations for quality when it comes to software deployments and releases.
The Cloud Application Services Manager will report to the Director of Cloud Application Services and work closely with various Customer Operations Teams (Infrastructure Services, Database Services, Change Management, Customer Success, and Product support), Engineering, and customers to lead continuous improvement in our SaaS delivery. The Cloud Application Services Manager will lead a team of engineers to manage and provide services to a group of HealthEdge customers. The ideal candidate will be a creative, and critical, thinker who can drive execution and handle many tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness.
What you will do:
- Effectively lead and motivate team members and peers within the Cloud Operations Team
- Effectively interface and influence senior leaders within the company and on customer side
- Act as a trusted internal resource and effectively communicate and participate in customers issues if needed
- Set priorities and provide direction to the team, coach team members, provide training and guidance easily and effectively delegate tasks
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII
- Work as a liaison among various Customer Operations Teams (Infrastructure Services, Database Services, Change Management, Customer Success, and Product support), Engineering, and customers to better align team’s day-to-day work with overall business objectives and priorities
- Works as a liaison between various departments in the organization and Application Services team to eliminate any obstacles for the team and communicate and set expectations
- Accomplish Application Services staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for delivering SaaS services to HealthEdge Customers
- Direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timelines with other departments and Service Desk
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Recommend SaaS delivery strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
What you bring:
- 15+ years of experience in IT Operations, Configuration Management, Change Management and System administration in complex environment
- At least 7 years of management experience
- At least 7 years of experience in managing and active interaction with customers
- Understanding of SaaS services delivery model
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Creative Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a deployment or solutions engineer, a system/platform engineer, technical application support engineer, or in a systems administration role
- An interest in deployment and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and experience working with major public cloud providers including Azure, Amazon WebServices, and RackSpace
- An Engineering mindset – focused on designing, implementing and improving processes and technology
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to play a vital role in high visibility assignments. The ability to communicate directly with senior management is important.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and communicate with project teams.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While HealthEdge is located in Burlington, MA you may live anywhere in the U.S. A hybrid schedule (between 6-10 days a month) preferred.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.