HealthEdge provides the only modern, enterprise-class software platform for healthcare payers. Using the patented HealthRules software suite, health plans, health insurance companies, and other payers can finally respond to new business opportunities and market changes in hours, not months or years, while drastically reducing both IT and operational costs. Leveraging an investment of over $125 million, HealthRules is the most modern, scalable, and cost-effective technology in the industry. HealthEdge is the only choice for payers to survive and thrive in the emerging healthcare economy.
Our India Finance team looks after accounting, finance and compliance functions of 2 Indian companies that are part of HealthEdge group. We have 500+ employees in Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune in product development, DevOps, TechOps and Technical Services.
What you will do:
- Work closely with India Finance Director who is responsible for Accounting, Finance and Compliance function of 2 group companies in India with presence in 3 cities.
- Interact with employees, HR and administration teams to collect and disseminate information relevant for the accounting, finance and compliance function.
- Interact with external providers of banking, accounting, regulatory, tax compliance and other services.
- Assist the India Finance Director with vendor payments and other remittances, adherence to policies, review of invoices and claims, month-close accounting entries, MIS reporting and periodic compliance.
- Supervise the junior staff accountant.
You get excited by:
- An opportunity to design and follow processes that enable efficient recording and retrieval of data for better decision-making and compliance with statutory norms
- Routinely digging into accounting records to provide quick and accurate information.
- Understanding, analysing, presenting accounting and financial numbers.
What you bring:
- Proactive work ethic, requiring minimal supervision or follow-ups
- 1-2 years of experience working in team handling core accounting, payroll, vendor payments, bank remittances
- Familiarity with budgeting process, financial analysis, preparation of MIS reports, account reconciliations, vendor onboarding and management
- Ability to use accounting software such as Tally. Prior experience of Netsuite will be a plus.
- Past exposure to basic compliance under income-tax, GST, provident fund laws
- Experience using tools such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Zoho Payroll, Zoom / Teams, SharePoint.
- Proficiency with reading, speaking and writing in English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of Kannada will be a plus.
- Ability to answer simple tax, PF and other payroll related queries of employees
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great team player and collaborates well in both office-based or work-from-home environment.
- Experience in technology companies / offshore development centres a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Commerce or Business Administration or semi-qualified candidates not appearing for CA / CS / CMA exams