JOB TITLE: Senior Java Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803; REMOTE EMPLOYMENT IS AVAILABLE. TELECOMMUTING FROM ANY LOCATION IN THE UNITED STATES IS POSSIBLE FOR THIS POSITION.
REQUIRED TRAVEL: None.
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
- Work as part of agile team to implement new features according to the requirements while adhering to the best coding development standards;
- Conduct detailed designs and lead design whiteboarding and creation of solution architecture;
- Lead in work-breakdown of tasks;
- Lead peer reviews of design and code;
- Coordinate release management and bug triaging;
- Lead technical discussions with HealthEdge Customers to find the best possible solutions;
- Conduct bug fixing, implement configuration migration process and other UAT readiness technical tasks;
- Perform data loads for UAT readiness and during UAT as requested by the UAT plan;
- Support resolution of UAT identified issues and their triage;
- Contribute to authoring the Implementation Operational Information and (for Support team) and companion spreadsheet for feeds;
- Performs configuration migration process and another PROD readiness technical tasks
- Performs data loads for PROD readiness; and
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) plus 6 years of progressive employment experience in software development.
Employment experience must include:
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated employment experience handling requirement gathering and analysis, documenting technical requirements, and designing, developing, and testing software applications.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated employment experience in software development using Java/J2EE technologies.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated employment experience with XML and Web Services.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated employment experience working with integration middleware or enterprise system bus (ESB) technologies such as iWay, Spring or Apache Camel.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated employment experience developing on the Weblogic Application Server.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated employment experience with source code management using GitHub and build automation/CI (Jenkins).
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated employment experience with real time messaging systems in JMS using Kafka.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated employment experience with Linux.
HealthEdge® provides modern, disruptive technology that delivers for the first time, a suite of products that enables healthcare payors to leverage new business models, improve outcomes, drastically reduce administrative costs and connect everyone in the healthcare delivery cycle. Our next-generation enterprise product suite, HealthRules®, is built on modern, patented technology and is delivered to customers via the HealthEdge Cloud or on-site deployment. An award-winning company, HealthEdge empowers payors to capitalize on the innovations, challenges and opportunities that await in the new healthcare economy. For more information, visit http://www.healthedge.com.
HealthEdge is an Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.