The Technical Project Manager will oversee various stages of product development interfacing with development and operational teams to ensure a smooth transition from design to operations.
What you will do:
- Translate customer requirements into technical architecture, identify subsystems and components as well as updates to product roadmaps
- Collaborate with product, engineering and database teams to develop a technical approach consistent with the company’s strategic vision
- Identify, communicate, and assist with resolving any technical impediments and dependencies (internal and external) with getting products delivered on time and with in budget
- Serve as technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, troubleshooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules
- Evaluate and prioritize data and information system requirements in coordination with the business process owners
- Maintain a change control process to support operational activities.
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to continuously improve the quality of products
- Use deep technology experience to use while working with product development teams during troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Manage a change and problem management process to reduce operational issue that can negatively affect the customer.
- Document and communicate the processes, policies and procedures for providing technology support.
- Perform Trending and Root Cause Analysis on reports and statistical data to identify and develop strategies for addressing chronic technology support issues.
- Manage Operational spend for the product line.
What you bring:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in technical project management, preferably in the Health Industry
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in Azure Cloud Environment
- 2 years of experience related to Production Change Management
- You have a detailed understanding and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools for code, database, infrastructure, and configuration changes.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
- Ability to collaborate with Azure Engineer, DEVOPS and Development teams.
- Ability generate and evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the technology fields.
- You must be proactive, self-directed, and skilled at facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While this role is based out of our office located in Burlington, MA, you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.