Senior Software Engineer in Test I (Mobile)
Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for architecting and building the tools and automated test suites that guarantee the quality of our digital care management CLOUD platform. As a member of an Agile team, you will be the quality advocate throughout the SDLC process and accomplish this by working closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers. Senior Software Engineer in Test sits within the Engineering department and reports to a Director, Engineering. Success in this role is demonstrated by being a team player, gaining thorough understanding of our applications, implementing robust automation framework for our mobile applications, translating business requirements that have an impact on patient care into test plans and automated regression suites that help speed up development and ensure high quality of releases prior to deployment to production.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Automation Testing Framework and Test Execution (90%)
- Design, develop, implement and maintain robust automation framework for mobile applications using industry standard tools with Java-Cucumber
- Train others on the framework and best practices, perform code reviews and verify coding standards are being met.
- Evaluate and enhance current reporting framework or implement a new framework for automated test suite runs.
- Integrate automation pipelines into CI/CD
- Help spearhead process improvement initiatives
- Perform functional testing to gain deep understanding of the end-to-end workflows, write test cases, identify high value test cases and then automate them
- Works closely with team members and stakeholders to understand needs, gain perspective, and collectively execute automated test iterations, tracking & reporting test results, troubleshooting and coordinating the bug fixes
- Debug production issues (10%)
- Work with our customer support team to debug issues affecting our users.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required [hard skills]:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study
- 8+ years testing enterprise software with complex integrations in an agile development environment
- 3+ years testing mobile applications on iOS and Android
- 5+ years progressive experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining mobile automation frameworks using industry standard tools like Appium with Cucumber-Java, CI/CD integration and reporting frameworks
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Proficient in Java, Python, SQL
- Good working knowledge of GitLab is a plus
- Strong understanding of test-driven development (TDD/BDD) and ability to advocate and teach best practices.
- Passionate, Detail-oriented and Proactive Quality Advocate with excellent planning, documentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to mentor and work effectively with globally distributed teams.
Behaviors & Traits Required [soft skills]:
- Solution oriented team player with can-do, positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Learns from mistakes and strives to improve the outcomes
- Embodies a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.