Who are we
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
In this role you will be working in the Platform team that builds core services and APIs on which the Wellframe product is built. We use cutting edge technologies and follow best practices for software engineering and development. Along with core services, we also work on interesting engineering solutions and tooling that help take the Wellframe product to the next level with security, scalability and performance metrics.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design and implement microservices for Wellframe’s engineering and product roadmap
- Bring your devops mindset to develop secure and scalable services
- Lead projects and mentor junior engineers in the team
- Collaborate with product to scope work for the platform team
- Code review and hold the code base to the highest standards
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have the highest uptime and reliability.
- Automate manual tasks and processes and develop tools for engineering teams
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 3-5 years development experience building cloud native applications in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong experience in Java
- Proficiency with backend frameworks such as Spring Boot or Ruby on Rails
- Demonstrates deep understanding of different APIs like Restful, gRPC, GraphQL
- Good experience in Apache or Confluent Kafka
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks like React and Typescript
- Previous experience with CI/CD frameworks like Gitlab, Github
- Deep knowledge of best practices in software engineering
- Great leadership skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a bonus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience in healthcare tech industry is a big plus
- Previous experience in a remote or a hybrid environment