The Manager, Database role will design, develop and maintain database architecture, support client operations through efficient processes, and code initiatives supporting internal and third-party software solutions, delivering excellent products in scope and on time, and meeting current and long-term business needs. Manage a team of motivated, driven, high-energy administrators, and engineers building trust and confidence with team members and business stakeholders. Lead, mentor and coach junior and mid-level database developers and engineers to build a strong team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the senior leadership and work with the Business to identify cloud-based data technologies that can support business needs.
- Support data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of big data platforms including assessing the usefulness of new technologies and advocating for their adoption
- Manage Disaster Recovery for database technology and participate in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Trusted internal resource, not necessarily client facing, but able to communicate / participate effectively with customers when called upon.
- Coaches junior team members; provides training and guidance easily; able to effectively delegate tasks.
- Strong team player, excellent interpersonal skills
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII
- Schedule, plan, and document installation and testing
- Modify existing databases and database implementations or direct programmers and analysts to make changes to optimize performance.
- Plan, coordinate and implement database security measures to safeguard information.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of Experience in database management, data strategy and governance, and database deployment and operations
- 3 years of Experience in Azure Cloud Database technologies
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of administrators and engineers that engages in both operations and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience working with:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Microsoft SQL Replication
- Azure PaaS Services
- Knowledge of Administration, installation, configuration, support, maintenance, trouble shooting, disaster recovery and documentation of the MS SQL Server Management Systems
- Responsible for the database storage management and associated log files
- Ability to plan and manage monitoring, availability, and associated disaster recovery solutions for the database systems
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and data relationship analysis for the large scale of business applications
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions development tools and technologies.
- MUST WORK EAST COAST HOURS
- MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE ALEXANDRIA, VA OFFICES EVERY OTHER MONTH TO VISIT THE TEAM
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While HealthEdge is located in Burlington, MA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
- MUST WORK EAST COAST HOURS
- MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE ALEXANDRIA, VA OFFICES ONCE A MONTH TO VISIT THE TEAM
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.