What You’ll Do
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) who will work with an Automation Architect and QA engineers to evaluate existing automation framework, build new test frameworks, write, and design automation scripts from scratch, and maintain automated test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved. An ideal candidate for this role is one who wants to take an active part in growing, developing, and implementing automated testing solutions to maximize testing coverage and reduce testing cycle time.
- Evaluating and learning existing automation framework and providing automation solutions for building an end to end regression suite
- Developing, executing and maintaining automation test scripts to meet software release deliverables, project testing requirements and other quality considerations
- Working to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Being an integral part of an Agile Engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers for the full development life-cycle
- Helping to ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is well tested, utilizing automation wherever possible
- Developing smoke, functional, regression, and integration test suites for GUI Front End, API Services and Database back-end
- Documenting, maintaining, and monitoring software problems
- Recommending strategies and methods to improve test plans and test processes
- Maintaining well organized records of test results and generating historical analysis of test results
- Mentoring Manual testers while leading automation effort
- Leveraging automation best practices and coding standards to deliver high quality products
What you bring:
- 5+ years of recent hands-on practical experience in developing web and API automation
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methods and practices
- Deep understanding of manual and automated testing concepts
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming Skills
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good experience in testing web applications and web services developed using latest technologies: .NET, JAVA, ASP, C#, XML, Silverlight etc.
- Candidate should have good C# development experience or other OOP language
- Hands-on experience with a mix of modern Test Automation tools and frameworks, (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, and Cypress, etc.)
- Service testing experience with Soap and Rest APIs
- Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical resources
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially GitLab
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins Build Server, Git/Stash, Azure DevOps etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with UI testing frameworks (i.e. Se, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies including BDD and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While Burgess is located in Alexandria, VA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.