Associate Product Manager (Product Owner)
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be primarily responsible for identifying and creating business requirements for software product development at various levels of detail: from high-level business requirements to detailed software product requirements to epics and user stories. You will function as a Product Owner for your assigned Agile/Scrum engineering team(s). A successful candidate will have deep business domain knowledge in the healthcare industry and an established track record of analyzing, specifying, and managing software product requirements in a software product development organization, preferably in the US healthcare or health insurance industry. You would also possess excellent project management skills, effective communication skills, independent decision-making ability, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Closely work with the customers and/or internal subject matter experts to understand the product vision, strategic product direction, and product roadmap.
- Meet with customers and internal stakeholders to understand the business objectives, workflow, and value contained within customer requests.
- Research and analyze industry trends and topics that may drive new features within the product.
- Quantify and document the business value associated with enhancements to help drive prioritization within the backlog.
- Specify and document high-level business requirements including key/relevant non-functional requirements.
- Break down business requirements into user stories following Agile/Scrum practices including acceptance criteria, test cases, and non-functional requirements.
- Own the prioritized backlog for your assigned scrum/engineering team(s) and lead scrum ceremonies including sprint grooming, planning, sign-off and demos.
- Resolve customer and engineering questions and provide clarifications raised by the engineering team during the development process.
- Review test plans to ensure that the developed solutions will meet defined requirements.
- Assist with the acceptance and demonstration of new product features to internal and external audiences.
- 3+ years of successfully working within product management to analyze, define and document software requirements for commercial software product development, preferably with enterprise software.
- 2+ years of working in software development organizations that build software or applications for the US healthcare industry (experience with core administrative processing systems/claims processing systems would be an added advantage).
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably computer science), Math, and/or Science. An MBA from a tier 1 / 2 B-school is an added advantage.
- Technical chops and systems thinking expertise to comfortably work with high performing engineering teams. Have strong ability to effectively communicate business requirements to engineers. Basic understanding of data models, system architecture and ability to extract data independently from relational databases and analyze results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and articulate complex business and software requirements in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Solid inter-personal skills and a collaborative temperament to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams to build consensus
- Excellent organization and project management skills and attention to detail.