Senior Software Engineer will be working with work independently with little supervision. Works with a team of developers and business analysts to develop new products /enhance existing systems in place. To be successful in this role, one must demonstrate their knowledge of critical thinking and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze system/application requirements and contribute to design innovative solutions
- Ability to model, analyze and manage large volumes of data.
- Be aware of potential blocking, deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
- Develop user interfaces, databases and client displays.
- Design, initiate and handle technical designs and develop complex application features.
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized and documented source code as per set guidelines.
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Build and execute unit test cases to ensure quality of code.
- Test the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Innovate and develop high-value technology solutions to streamline processes.
- Work independently and guide others.
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
Senior Software Engineer is not a supervisory role. You will receive detailed minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any related field
- 5 to 8 years of related experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Significant experience with Microsoft platform ( NET, MVC, C#, T-SQL)
- Working experience in MVC architecture is a must.
- Working experience on cloud & cloud technologies – Azure, AWS, Hub, Kafka
- Should have worked on HTML 5, Web Services/SOAP, XML, JSON, REST Standards, WCF and Web API’s.
- Experience on Azure/AWS cloud application development
- Experience in integrating and working with 3rd party tools like AJAX, Kendo etc.,
- Ability to determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Ability to improve reliability, performance & scalability of existing applications.
- Ability to prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications and standards
- Experience with SQL Server and relational databases is a mandate
- Should have expertise on SQL Queries, Stored procedures, Functions, Views, etc.
- Should have worked on versioning like Tortoise SVN/Team Foundation Server/GIT/BitBucket
- Zeal to work on innovative products and technologies.
- Strong background in Software Development Life Cycle required.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as the capability to lead small teams
- Ability to adopt to fast-paced environment and keen in updating with the latest trends and functionalities
- This position is located at Hyderabad office, India.