The Solution Architect will be part of a newly forming team charged with architecting solutions in the Payment Automation space. This is an incredible opportunity to help solve a significant problem in the healthcare industry. This hire will have significant experience designing and implementing large-scale, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise software applications. Customer empathy and user-centric design will be a priority. The ideal candidate will be excited about working on new product development, is comfortable pushing the envelope and challenging the status quo, sets high standards for him/herself and others, and works well with ambiguity.
What you will do:
- Design and develop software architecture for products including approval of all final architecture decisions
- Actively seek ways to improve business software and development processes and interactions
- Prepare architecture plans and milestones to achieve project goals
- Design and develop cloud native, large scale, scalable, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise software applications
- Design and implement cloud native applications on Azure with full DevOps lifecycle (CI, CD and CM), containerization and virtualization Design & implement microservice based architecture
- Explore new technology solutions, innovation, evolution, and trade-offs
- Ensure software products meet all non-functional requirements including operational and security needs
- Identify your stakeholders, coach and collaborate across teams
- Define, coach and train team members to ensure all necessary software design patterns and practices are followed
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing large-scale, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise software applications
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud native applications on AWS, Azure or GCP with full DevOps lifecycle (CI, CD and CM), containerization and virtualization
- Strong understanding of large-scale distributed systems, information and technology architectures, including EAI patterns, messaging, micro-services architecture, information models, and distributed logging/tracing.
- A good understanding of databases (relational/columnar/NoSQL), programing languages/paradigms (C#/Java/Scala/Python, etc), caching, Enterprise Search, SOA, EDA, and CI/CD
- A solid understanding of infrastructure automation and DevOps concepts and application security
- Working knowledge of one or more Machine Learning, Analytics and Data Science tech stack(s).
- Hands-on knowledge of Stream- and batch- processing technologies.
- Excellent understanding of latest trends in distributed computing, algorithms, software technologies and development practices/tools, build and test automation, and network management.
- Experience building zero maintenance architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- A comfort level with challenging the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Empathy towards the customer
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Healthcare domain experience, preferably with expertise in claim data
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While HealthEdge is located in Burlington, MA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.