At HealthEdge, we are passionate about providing healthcare payors with technology that enables them to innovate, reduce costs, and address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. As we continue to grow, we are focused on exceeding our client’s expectations for quality when it comes to software deployments and releases.
The Release Manager will work with client/customer teams and document environment changes for software releases/deployments. The ideal candidate will have software implementation, preferably in the HealthCare industry, experience including configuring environments for application migration. This will include a solid understanding of Environment, Release and Change Management processes. Experience in Payor Implementations is a plus, but not a mandatory requirement. This role requires the candidate to wear multiple hats and understand various facets of software installs and environment set ups. This position may require up to 50% travel to the client site and will otherwise be remote.
- Manage and standardize programs to meet the client’s release/deployment, implementation changes and quality criteria.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-product teams, both internal and external, to come up with and manage deployment schedules, upgrades and milestones.
- Act as a gatekeeper for changes being consumed during new go-live implementations, ensuring that all cross-functional teams sign off on the release before each promotion to production.
- Understand each team’s (DevOps, Infrastructure, Data Base, Networking) roles and tasks and assist in issue resolution.
- Identify & manage risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders while proposing solutions.
- Effectively communicate required delivery dates, deployment pipelines, releases, and proposed enhanced processes to the delivery teams.
- Be involved in code deployments, data base synchronization, and DevOps best practices.
- Streamline deployment practices for effective delivery to the client.
- Work towards Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with DevOps teams.
- Migrate applications from legacy systems to newer environments.
- Manage and maintain customer environments in a known good state
What You Bring:
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) in IT/Computer Science or related field with 6+ years experience is mandatory for this role
- Prior software implementation experience including configuring environments for application migration.
- Solid functional and technical experience with Release and Change Management processes, including configuring environments for application migration.
- An in depth understanding of ITIL/ITSM practices and solutions development from the drawing board to production delivery, including experience with troubleshooting scenarios in production environments.
- A working knowledge of Jenkins, configuration management database (CMDB), code packaging, Jira, Salesforce, ELK, Git Hub, AWS and basic Unix commands.
- Experience working with client/customer teams and documenting environment changes for Releases/Deployments.
- The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate between multiple teams including Infrastructure, Support, On-Call, Development, QA, SMEs, architects, and business stakeholders as well as with client teams.
- A focus on a zero/minimum-error software delivery scenarios.
- Hands-on experience with hot-fixes for software applications and the ability to seek alternatives in case of deploy/code failures.
- Knowledge of both legacy releases and release management processes using current trends and tools in the industry including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Prior experience with disaster recovery exercises between data centers involving applications as well as database servers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While this role is based out of our office located in Burlington, MA, you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.