Solution Architect Technology
The Solutions Architect participates in the business and technical relationship with the client and manages the creation of innovative solutions for every client’s complex needs.
- Support new clients as the leading Solution Architect through requirements gathering, analysis and design, and implementation guidance
- Assist sales teams during initial customer assessment initiatives, offer preliminary designs and generate input for solution pricing
- Manage customer feedback and work closely with the technical project lead to ensure consistent delivery
- Serve as a subject matter expert in regard to analyzing client’s requirements, recommending solutions, and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations
- Oversee the development and documentation of high-level project solutions using the client architecture standards based on complex business cases and requirements
- Manage the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live
- Offer expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture
- Lead architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Oversee design responsibilities including determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario to gain the best performance, reusability and maintainability
What you bring:
- Hands-on knowledge of API and Batch integration technologies.
- 5-8 years of experience designing and implementing large-scale, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise software applications
- 3+ years of Healthcare domain experience, preferably with expertise in claim data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to lead requirement gathering and design sessions with high-stake customers
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Strong understanding of large-scale distributed systems, information and technology architectures, including EAI patterns, messaging, micro-services architecture, information models, and distributed logging/tracing.
- Familiarity with high-level systems programming languages
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
- At least 8 years direct experience; At least 5 years within domain
- At least 5 years of client-facing experience
- At least 7 years of application architecture design and/or product development experience
- Experience with SQL database implementations
- Experience across all phases of the SDLC and Agile software development practices
- Hands on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML)
- Strong health care industry knowledge, especially in the Payor domain
- Understanding of data warehouses/databases
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Excellent SQL Programming skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Solid collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Big Data, SQL database design and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible regarding work and client priorities
- Ability to create complex data sets for reporting
- Ability to troubleshoot data issues
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to lead and offer opinions and direction
- Willingness to take on challenges
- While HealthEdge is located in Burlington, MA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on as-needed basis. The job will require up to 25% regional and occasional international travel.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.