We are looking for a UI Engineer who is passionate about analyzing, designing, and developing cutting edge software to solve significant problems in claims processing platform space. As a UI Engineer, you will be working on creating new capabilities in various modules and will be a chief problem solver. In this role, you will be a key member in designing and implementing large-scale, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise frontend software applications. The ideal candidate will be excited about working on new product development, is comfortable pushing the envelope and challenging the status quo, sets high standards for him/herself and the team, and works well with ambiguity.
- Work with a global cross-functional engineering team on developing new services and tools to enable core Product capabilities.
- Design and develop large scale, scalable, distributed, highly available, data-driven enterprise software applications
- Take part of full software development lifecycle including planning, development, test & deployment of frontend Components
- Evaluate new technology solutions, innovation, evolution, and trade-offs
- Participates in Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Rapid Prototyping, Code review etc.
- Influences the UI development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures
- Ensure software products meet all non-functional requirements including operational and security needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
What You Bring:
- A hands-on with 3-7 years of experience in designing, developing and testing software systems or services.
- Experience in developing secured front-end applications (SSO, Oauth2, SAML etc.)
- Experience in working with user experience designers to translate wireframes into functional requirements, write well-abstracted, reusable, high-performance code for UI components
- Familiar with UX processes and design
- Experience in converting UX designs into developing Fluid, responsive & single page, elegant, efficient to build cross-browser & resolution independent front-end applications.
- Experience in designing and development of scalable, performant front-end applications
- Experience in UI optimizations and performance and understand nuances of the timeline for perf monitoring.
- Deeper understanding of network layer, HTTP, HTTPS, Cookies, LocalStorage.
- Experience in building better User Experience (UX) with Localization, Security and Accessibility standards.
- Experience in working with workflow automation tools such as yarn, npm, Webpack, Yarn, Browserstack, etc.
- Experience in working with build and test automation tools such as Jest, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
- Experience in working with containers, orchestration technologies, Git and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Experience in working with cloud platforms or platform as a service such as Docker, Kubernetes and Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, HTTP Protocol, Application Load Balancing, Reverse/Forward Proxy, SSL Encryption and Certificate management
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum based development process, Jira and Confluence
- Nice to have working experience in micro services development using Java, REST principles to build UI components.
- Nice to have knowledge in other UI frameworks such as NodeJS, Angular, Vue.js and their life cycles.
- Nice to have knowledge of automation test tools such as Selenium/Cypress.
- Nice to have healthcare domain experience, preferably with expertise in provider data and familiarity with HL7 or FHIR data models
- Experience with WPF or WinForms
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While HealthEdge is located in Burlington, MA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.