We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer II providing front line contact for our external customers by resolving pre-production and post-production complex tier II/III issues taking ownership until resolution. The Software Engineer II plays a key role in supporting our clients who use Altruista’s GuidingCare® platform for patient-centered care, offering health plans and provider organizations easy-to-use, next-generation data integration and workflow management tools
- Lead work cross-functionally with a global support team to ensure the highest level of support and responsiveness is applied to the company’s nationwide customer base
- Responsible for ensuring Software Developers confer with users to gather information, analyze technical assistance requests, and use deep technology skills and experience to trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues, including Tier II / III support and problem resolution
- Prioritize and communicate product defects and enhancements to development teams
- Act as a subject matter expert to other developers with any technical and procedural challenges
- Responsible for the implementation of the vision for continuous improvement of support tools, infrastructure, and processes, with an emphasis on proactive planning, promoting a customer-focused support culture and improving the accountability of delivering effective technology support services
- Build and maintain close relationships with customers while consistently monitoring feedback and levels of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to continuously improve the quality of products
- Lead in calls with India-based development and support teams to oversee resolution of priority issues (morning or evening as necessary)
- Think creatively and contribute holistically to the system implementation and development lifecycle
- Be an active member of the change and problem management teams responsible for increased call avoidance, improved product use and decreased end-user downtime
- Effectively communicate and interact with both functional and technical personnel in solving complex business and technical problems
- Oversee the design and implementation of improved technical support processes and operations
- Responsible for the Trending and Root Cause Analysis on reports and statistical data from Customer Support Services which is used to identify and develop strategies for addressing chronic technology support issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science required
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with technical support/contact center enterprise support
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing enterprise applications, preferably for use by large health plans or health providers
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server 2008, 2012, MySQL)
- Ability to complete tasks within critical timelines and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, from requirements through delivery
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic about learning technology and expanding job knowledge
- Willing to jump in and help to resolve issues
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Problem Solving
- Fostering Communication
- IT Troubleshooting
- Client Focus
- An understanding of HIPAA regulations desired
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While this role is based out of our office located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.