DevOps Engineers are IT professionals who collaborate with software developers, system operations and other IT staff members to deploy and operate our systems and manage code releases. They cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan, test & monitor. DevOps Engineer will be responsible for continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and troubleshoot/resolve issues in our dev, test and productions environments. Responsibilities range from building resilient systems and creating repeatable processes to application performance monitoring and environment automation. The selected candidate will have strong communication skills, a dedication to working with teammates to create great solutions, and a willingness to participate in an afterhours on-call rotation.
- Understand the goals of DevOps, plan and implement changes in legacy and brown-field projects. Advise Developers, QA, Project Management and Client Services on DevOps best practices.
- Implement non-disruptive changes, where possible and on-board stakeholders with disruptive changes, where it is required.
- Implements self-service on all levels of company to make DevOps work invisible.
- Work alongside/Collaborate with project managers to facilitate planning processes & spring deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines.
- May interact with client partners and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs.
- Utilizes a systematic approach when gathering, analyzing and documenting client requirements, while also managing change processes as a result.
- Writes and communicates functional and technical requirements and specifications for project implementations.
- Creates and maintains automated systems for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Creates and maintains monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure that any unexpected issues are promptly identified and escalated.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance & reliability by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- May perform automated load & stress tests and address any issues.
- May participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures, automatic failover, etc.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Programming, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Candidate must have 2+ years’ DevOps experience with Windows, SQL Server, .NET or .NET Core and Azure background
- Excellent understanding of Azure DevOps
- Basic experience with PowerShell.
- Experience and excellent understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Basic understanding and some experience with modern Cloud technology (Azure is preferred, but candidates with experience in other cloud provides are considered)
- Understanding of networking and SOA
- Experience with application & infrastructure monitoring
- Experience with containers (Docker) is a plus but not required
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to share insights and expectations with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues, both locally and remote
- Knowledge of an agile team environments and processes.
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving production environments and issues.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Willingness to participate in an afterhours on-call rotation.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While Burgess is located in Alexandria, VA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.