Reporting to VP, Solution Engineering, the position of Resource Manager has, as its primary goal the assurance of continual optimization of operational effectiveness of the Solution Engineering group.
The Resource Manager will be expected to assist the Solution Engineering leadership team in the realization of this primary goal through supporting initiatives and processes by managing allocation of resources vs. client demands, identifying opportunities for process improvement, creating appropriate documentation, creating/improving training material/methodologies and supporting management information and reporting processes.
The person serving in this role is responsible for driving operational efficiency throughout the Solution Engineering group with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Own and manage the process of identifying technical resources to a variety of projects (e.g. software engineers, quality engineers, Scrum Masters)
- Own and manage the process of technical effort estimation for a variety of projects
- Assist consulting leadership team to build a high-performing, cross-functional team, based on a federated model, that drives organizational performance and ability to scale
- Develop optimization changes to Solution Engineering processes to improve efficiency, quality, service and profitability
- Building training, coaching & learning material in conjunction with Directors/Managers and Education Services leadership
- Be responsible for organizing coaching/training and oversee development of core skills and subject matter expertise as laid down in Consulting job family (as amended from time to time)
This position is an individual contributor role.
- Resource Management & Optimization
- Resource planning and allocation - Assigning people to projects based on their skills, previous experience, availability, or project budget.
- Capacity planning – Make sure that Solution Engineering has enough capacity to deliver upcoming projects.
- Supporting VP Solution Engineering in ongoing project resource managementefforts including but not limited to employee over / under utilization, uneven workload, or inappropriate resource assignment.
- Hiring & Resource Optimization
- Act as an advisor to VP Solution Engineering to project new hire requirement and training needs.
- HR – Work closely with Talent Acquisition/HR team to create requisitions and coordinate interviews of suitable candidates in conjunction with Directors/Managers.
- PMO – Oversight of all projects to ensure all employees have clearly defined duties for their projects. Coordinating re-allocation of resources or assigning new resources.
- Sales – Planning team capacity and forecasting recruitment needs.
- Business Process Optimization
- Support the development and operationalizing of departmental processes and initiatives by working with Solution Engineering leaders and PMO to help define requirement of playbooks and other process documentation for such initiatives
- Recommend changes to address deficiencies and/or further improve and streamline processes based on analytical findings.
- Training Initiatives
- In conjunction with consulting Directors & Managers, identify the training and development needs of the internal consulting staff and contract resources.
- Responsible for creating training and learning material, in conjunction with Trainer, Directors, Managers and Education Services team
- Assist with developing effective reporting tools for the department
- Additional duties as assigned or required (Could require client interaction and billable work as assigned from time to time)
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a role with direct responsibility for technical resource assignment and process management within a software development or consulting organization
- Experience in the software development lifecycle of commercial software products. Fluence in Agile methodology.
- Experience within the healthcare insurance, healthcare technology, or related industry is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to negotiate solutions to complex issues that satisfy the needs of a diverse group of constituents.
- Proficiency in negotiating and managing conflict.
- Passionate about producing high-quality work and customer delight.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others in a matrixed environment.
- Flexible in adapting to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to challenge status-quo in order to continuously improve processes and offerings.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfort working with Professional Services Automation applications such as OpenAir
- Ability to navigate and operate in SmartSheets and Salesforce.
- HealthRules Payor experience
- Six Sigma experience or certification
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: A candidate within commuting distance to Burlington, MA is preferred. The job will involve a mix of remote work and working from the Burlington, MA headquarters.
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.