The Business Analyst II will actively participate in software development and implementation projects through initiation, analysis, execution and implementation phases in partnership with our customers in support of our GuidingCare® platform. GuidingCare® is a complete care management platform for patient-centered care, offering health plans and provider organizations easy-to-use, next-generation data integration and workflow management tools. This role will engage with cross-functional business and technology team members through the project life cycle, developing and documenting business requirements to be used by the software development/delivery teams as well as the basis for test cases utilized by our Quality Assurance team. The Business Analyst II is the key project stakeholder responsible for the conversion of customer business and technical requirements to functional solutions.
- Act as the primary contact between the client, Altruista Health, and other external partners relative to the project business and technical requirements, responsible for requirements elicitation, modeling, management, communication and traceability to functional solutions
- Partner with customer users and subject matter experts to identify and document customer requirements and processes that support their business goals and objectives, utilizing a combination of industry best practices and Altruista Health standard operating procedures
- Partner with Altruista Health Product Management, Development and Quality Assurance staff, when necessary, in conjunction with the development of/enhancement to Altruista Health solution features related to customer-defined requirements and product enhancement requests
- Create user story documents with reference to the traceability matrix created
- Work on gap analysis between two versions of GuidingCare® for client upgrades
- Provide input into the definition and management of project plans
- Support solution testing and documentation activities as needed
- Provide training, internal and external (client), relative to Altruista Health solutions and operational procedures; acts as a mentor to newly hired Altruista Health staff members
- Promote organizational improvement efforts through the development of/enhancement to standard Altruista Health implementation and/or product development processes, policies and procedures
- Support the creation of statement of work content, as requested, for assigned projects, ensuring scope, deliverables, assumptions, risks and resource needs are clearly defined
- Effectively engage with decision-maker level contacts in assigned project organizations
- Keep current on Healthcare Information Technology concepts, trends and industry changes, particularly those related to the care coordination and Medicaid/Medicare/Duals domains
- Other work-related duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Management or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of related professional experience
- Experience in the health care domain including Medicaid, Medicare and Duals
- Care Knowledge of clinical and provider systems is beneficial
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, best practices standards for creating User Stories, Business Requirements Documents, and Change Requests
- Experience with Testing Tools such as HP ALM, JIRA or Bucket etc.
- Must be able to able to create user stories and business requirements that are precise, not ambiguous, testable, traceable, and foremost, in line with the high-level vision & scope of the project
- Ability to multitask and prioritize day to day tasks as well as milestones that require focus on deliverables, extensive testing, on-site client workshops
- Ability to pay attention to details, clearly define business need and solution approach (standard configuration, workaround, or custom enhancement)
- Data driven analysis, SQL skills and/or hands on experience with Business Intelligence Reporting Tool is a plus
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While Altruista Health, a HealthEdge company, is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on a regular basis
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Travel%: Up to 25% regional travel
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.